Lunch Actually

Recently I had a lunch with a friend, who wants to taste success in a shortest time. Whilst I was still chewing my fifth scoop of rice, he already emptied his plate. Gosh, that was really quick. He told me the same speed is used when comes to completing his work assignments. Yea, basically in everything he does.

Of course, I believe him.


It got to be a quick one.

Now where did I go wrong? I choose to enjoy every bite instead of eating for the sake of filling up my stomach. Surprisingly, he boldly said he gains more joy and satisfaction in that way. As I read through his way of eating, I can come up with a few reasons why his taste buds still bathing pleasure while going under pressure.

Order Yourself

All the food he ate was ordered by him, unless his girlfriend is around. In other words, he gets to eat what he likes. In real life, we get to do things we like when we focus on what we want. Like selecting the best school, deciding an ideal job, choosing a life partner or merely fixing your mind on which undies to wear. Just that someone will suggest something else which tends to taste better than the choice you’ve made.

Eat While It’s Hot


He savour immediately when things are served in front of him, though the food was still hot. Strange but true that once his tongue adapts to it, his appetite will keep him going. Well, continuous momentum will persist once it is forcefully built. I guess many tasks seem hard at first. Probably you can opt to do it later - but more work or problems might arise from there. It will kill your mood and none will be solved by then. I reckon there is nothing to lose for practicing this, except for some sweat.

Chew Properly


This is probably the most blatant part. Yeah, he did munch appropriately before swallow. If not, I think he will choke in front of me with his last breath caught in his esophagus. Result wouldn’t go wrong if necessary actions are performed correctly in place. For instance, I used to do workouts without proper warm-up exercises and I did suffer bad muscles and joints ache. So I ended up fat. Therefore in a critical process, we need to go according to its procedures to obtain the desirable outcome. In another word, no shortcuts.

Tasty Ones Always Go Last


I saw him ate the fried chicken skin after he finished everything else. So while eating other less tasty stuff on the plate, he's driving his speed towards the end for the crispy skin. In real life, hard work sits on your shoulder before you find your success. If you desperately wanted success in your life, your desire will motivate you to bite lips and move on with your efforts no matter how tough it is. In my case, I ate the rice first then only I ate the veggies I'm kidding, I don't eat veggie. Five words. Save the best for last.

Drink Goes In Between


Both of us drink something - a sip of fruit juice or a spoonful of soup in between the bites. It relieves the stress of consistent chewing in the mouth. My jaws did feel tired when comes to chewing the rice, so I just washed them down the throat with a sip of drink. Just follow both of us. Take a break whenever you find necessary. Do not overwhelmed yourself with work because work will never ends.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Indirectly, it does relate to how things should be handled in life. I'm glad I learned something out of his eating habit. I thought to myself, maybe both of us should go for lunch more often.


Well maybe on something different next time.


Perhaps a steamboat lunch..



I wonder this time how fast he can eat. Teehee!

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments:

Elisha said...

my dad eats like your friend. up to very this day, i have no idea how he eats soo quickly. i mostly just think that he doesnt chew his food! sigh sigh.. and he rarely drinks water in between bites =p

i did read that drinking water in between bites is really good compared to gulping it down after eating =) it helps with the digestive system or something..

also, i was wondering, you know the theory of how we should chew our food as long as we can (totally demolish every single morsel) then it would also help with digestion and also satiety?

when i eat really fast, i tend to get cravings to eat some more ESPECIALLY when other people have not finished eating =) hahaha, id yank the menu and start looking at deserts! *sighs..naughty me!*

Matchfingers said...

[Mercury] it's fine that your dad eats like a superman. Just make sure he doesn't crave for dessert after meal. Teehee!