OMG, Do You Think There Is God?

I apologize profusely, if you feel offended by the title.



That's a doubt somewhere in my buddy's mind. I was puzzled. "Are you still looking for the scientific proof of God?"..



"I can't tell, only God knows.."

Apart from that, there's another question in mind.
What are you praying today?

Whether it is a pray for a job transfer, recover from illness, a good result in exam, a positive result of a pregnancy test or merely to earn more money, sometimes it just doesn't seem to sound right. To me, it's kinda weird.

In some cases, when someone didn't get something.. or somewhere wrong, someone will start to blame God.



I've encountered scores of human who blame everything but themselves, when their thoughts to God is not granted. I knew it's an easy way to get hold the source of failure, but this isn't a right thing to do.

Does a pray to God means an exchange of goods? I really hope not.

One question. Does anyone pray just to remember God? Not sure whether it's a sin if the answer is ideally no.

May God bless you.

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments:

A Lost Writer said...

Awesome photos! Cool post. Sorry for sounding juvenile, but those are the first thoughts that came into my head when I saw the page!

I know plenty of people who pray every day. Well, they recite prayers anyway, and those prayers are supposed to ask for X,Y, and Z. As for me, I usually have conversations with God. Yes, much of it involves: "Please do this...." and some of it is "Give me the strength to..."

An exchange of goods? Good question. The answer is yes and no. When you're looking for something very specific then it feels like a deal (and I've struck several of those myself) but it's a scary thing. Because if you can't hold up your end of the bargain, you still expect Him/Her to be all God-ly and forgive you.

No blasphemy meant. Offense, if caused, is deeply regretted. :)

letjim14344 said...

Hi. thanks for your comment on my blog.
Well, since I'm here I just want to share my views about your topic.
"Ask and You shall receive" is what God said but sometimes it's not given on a specific way, it's through something else that is what that person really needs and not exactly what he/she had prayed for because God knows what's the best for us better than ourselves.
As human beings, we have limitations and cannot phatom what and how God really work things out but through discovering his Words and understanding their real meaning, we'll have the assurance that God exists and He will take care of everybody and everything. Just have to have faith.

Elisha said...

that second photo is SUPER SUPER FUNNY!! i cracked up laughing like a mad ass idiot! gosh.. youve certainly got a talent of finding funny photos =)

well, back to god and prayer.. i think people pray to keep their hearts and minds and also virtues in check.. also, prayer has a very calming effect =) in the sense that there is a higher power watching over you..

the barter trade part was indeed a good point.. but i dont think its as such totally.. i think we always have to give something up to get something else..

in a nutshell, i mostly think that prayer is to teach us patience, discipline and to be humble, and yes.. to be thankful for all the blessing we get.. it is really easy to go astray..

i dont pray as often as i should, maybe thats why im all wonky and crraazzeee...

hugs

Anonymous said...

Hey, I stumbled upon your blog and enjoyed this post. Also enjoyed the pictures. Don't know why you feel the need to apologize beforehand about offending somebody because you mentioned God; when's the last time somebody asked your forgiveness before they let fly a "G*d D**m"???

Anyway, I often ask my Christian friends (of which I am one), "would it change your theology/view of God if you knew for a fact that He would never answer one of your prayers?" Are you just in it for the goodies or because God is awesome? I get a lot of puzzled looks.

Ciao