Naive Like A Child

Sometimes it's really hard to diminish the feeling of fear.

Whenever I need to initiate an action, I'll take some time to think about it. Eventually I will lose my motivation in carrying out that action. Probably it's due to the amount of time I killed while considering the act. Besides, it means more time for me to craft out ideas to reject and build fear out of it.



Almost instant, I enjoyed the feeling of relief after I decline to act. This is basically mounting my fear instead of my courage to proceed. The relief I got was like a reward for not taking the action. So the more I refrain myself from doing it, the more reward I will claim, and the more actions I will try to avoid in the future.

I can hear the small voice telling me to stop behaving like a child, who afraid of everything. But one thing though, if I behave like a child, I will probably just go ahead without thinking much.



Somehow I believe this relates to Occam's razor which suggested as few assumptions as possible to be made in any phenomenon, and eliminating those that make no difference in the observable predictions of the explanatory hypothesis or theory.

Before we confuse ourself with that Occam's phrase, just do it like what Nike says.

Related Posts by Categories



7 comments:

Abu Zunnur said...

I think fear is also related to experience, when we're more experienced in doing something, we have lesser fear to no fear.

Momisodes said...

I tend to back down after over analyzing actions.

I certainly wish I had more of that naivete as I did as a child.

just apple said...

be confident with whatever u are into. believe in yourself. :)

Matchfingers said...

@zunnur: I've built experience in fear instead..

@momisodes: I hope I don't have to cry like a child on my mistake.

@just apple: Thanks for your words. I shall be strong like an apple.

Unknown said...

lovely post. I think everyone can relate to that. But it differs from one person to another the extent of which they let this fear control their actions.

Really enjoy your blog and maaan do I like the layout! =D

Matchfingers said...

@sara: It's still depends on the level of fear before it takes over the brain. haha. Glad you like the layout :)

Anonymous said...

Hope your patience and determination helped you to overcome fear, and hope all is well.