The Secret of Garbage Truck

Since the day one I watched the movie "The Secret", I started to read a lot of stories on the subject of "Law of Attraction". I have come to a conclusion whereby the excitement of manifesting thoughts into reality is merely like waiting for my food order without paying the bill.

After I read a mail from my friend, I found out that the story on the law of attraction has taken another twist. Here's the story.

One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his breaks, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us.

My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was really friendly. So I asked, 'Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined our car and sent us to the hospital!' This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, 'The Law of Garbage Truck'.



He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on you. Don't take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets. The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

That was a really interesting illustration of how to distracting oneself from bad karma. The world will become a better place if most people failed to influence each other with their negative thoughts.

After all, if my food does arrive but doesn't taste good, they probably need a larger bin.

Related Posts by Categories



5 comments:

Momisodes said...

That is poignant story. The world would be a much more pleasant place if people didn't dump their emotional and mental trash all over.

Mr.GS lim said...

It ain't that smart right by doing such.. well i learnt something. Thanks. Do you still believe in law of attraction? Hows your progress in banking industry ? Its been quite some time. haha btw, that day u leave a comment, i created a problem without solving it? it just seems deep to me. Any way to enlighten me?

Anonymous said...

thanks for the heads up

Matchfingers said...

Momisodes, it's really sad to see so many sad people with their daily sad stories. Btw, don't be sad, hope you'll get well soon.

Mr. Lim, unfortunately smart people are getting lesser nowadays. I want to believe in LoA, but not blindly into some companies who are real good in selling audio tapes and dvds. Thanks for dropping by. I've replied your question in your blog :)

BestFranchiseOpp, thanks for visiting and hope you gained something beneficial.

Mr.GS lim said...

Guess you already know, i get what you mean. Dont worry i'm smart guy. Thanks. When you figure out another deep deep one, let me try. I want to know my limit.